Authoring Flow for Soft IP Blocks
Minimum Subscription Required:
Price for Canadian Academics
The flow deals with the three types of IP block domains that are recognized by the VSI Alliance: soft, firm and hard. This release, V1.1, deals with block authoring for digital, soft IP blocks only.
- A document on the steps involved in the block authoring flow for soft IP blocks,
- Diagrams illustrating the flow,
- A design example that CMC has created for use in the CMC-supported authoring flow. The design example is a UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) that is designed to be a soft IP block that resides on the perhipheral bus of an ARM AMBA SOC environment,
- A document providing CMC's Naming Convention Standard for Soft IP Blocks,
- A document on CMC's Recommended Description of Soft IP Blocks.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
All CMC Microsystem account holders with a Professor Research Subscription are authorized to access this application note. For more information contact our Licensing Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit