CAD: RSoft Component Design Suite
Minimum Subscription Required:
RSoft supplies photonic and network design automation products. Through CMC, you may access the following selection of tools:
- RSoft CAD Environment—a layout program for simulation tools
- BeamPROP—a simulation engine for the design of integrated and fiber-optic waveguide devices and circuits, based on the beam propagation method
- FemSIM—a generalized mode solver based on the finite element method
- MOST—a multi-variable optimizer and scanner tool for design optimization of photonic devices
- FullWAVE—a simulation engine based on the finite-difference time-domain technique that enables you to model the electromagnetic field in a given index structure in response to a given electromagnetic excitation
- BandSOLVE—a fully integrated CAD tool and simulation engine for generating and analyzing photonic band structures
- DiffractMOD—a design tool for diffractive optical structures such as surface normal gratings, photonic bandgap crystals, and sub-wavelength periodic structures
- ModePROP—a design tool for studying the propagation of light in structures
- GratingMOD—a design tool for analyzing and synthesizing complicated grating profiles in optical fibers and integrated waveguide circuits
- OptoDesigner—a tool for designing photonic integrated circuits for any technology, for a range of industries including telecom, datacom, sensing, and biomedical.
View the full list of RSoft tools with RSoft Academic Research products
- Limited quantities of license seats of these tools for both Windows and Linux operating systems are available. Further Windows-only seats are also available for a reduced suite of these tools comprising RSoft CAD Environment, BeamPROP, FemSIM, and MOST. These license seats are accessed through a separate CADPass license checkout. A single CMC software license token purchase will give you access to either the Windows/Linux or Windows-only suites.
- With the 2014 software release, Synopsys no longer supports 32-bit version of RSoft. However, users who only have access to a computer with a 32-bit operating system may continue to download and use a 2013 legacy version of RSoft.
- Linux RHEL 5 and 6
- Windows 7 and 10
||Download from CMC
|Software Access Key
||via Licence Management Server
What You Get
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access RSoft Component Design Suite software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, to access a shared license pool.
- Access for one year
- Software updates as available from the supplier
RSoft Quickstart Guide
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Access to the software licenese keys are limited to faculty, their graduate students and research staff.
- Any NDN university Professor Research subscriber is authorized to access this product.
- Only users from Institutions that have an executed "University End User Agreement and Supplement" with the software licensor may access this design tool.
Contact our Licensing Administrator at 613-530-4787 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit