CAD: Design Workshop 2000
Minimum Subscription Required:
The dw-2000™ Physical Layout and Verification Software, from Design Workshop Technologies Inc., enables the physical layout and verification of optical components built using planar waveguide technology and other semiconductor manufacturing techniques, such as microwave designs. dw-2000 has many benefits for photonic layout applications, while avoiding the pitfalls associated with the use of a general purpose drawing tool. It is easy for beginners to learn, while also offering a highly customizable environment for experts.
Advantages of dw-2000
- Tool developed specifically for use in designing photonic devices
- Highly functional and simple Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Standard features for viewing, zooming, browsing, inspecting and comparing design components
- Initial setup and template capability
- Hierarchical view & organization
- All-angle Boolean operation, transparent throughout the hierarchy
- Photonic element library based on p-cells for graphical use allowing users to quickly draw typical photonic shapes (e.g., s-bends, tapers, etc.)
- Design environment is highly customizable through a scripting language and p-cells
- Built-in design rule checker with extended features for photonics
- Documentation and tutorials to facilitate quick learning by beginners
What You Get
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access Design Workshop software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, to access a shared license pool.
- Access for one year
You will have access to dw-2000™ which includes the following features:
- All angle layout and editing
- All angle Boolean operators
- Aspect ratio
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Hierarchical editing modes
- Graphics programming environment (GPE)
- Native GDSII tool
- User definable button interface
- Photonics Element Library, with pre-defined optical p-cells: linear, arc bend, arc s-bend, sine s-bend, cosine s-bend, linear taper, arc s-bend taper, sine s-bend taper, exponential taper, circular lens, elliptic lens, parabolic lens, hyperbolic lens…
- P-Cell Developer Kit
- Extended Design Rule Checker (XDRC), including
- Enhanced all angle features
- Layer density rules
- Off-grid acute rules
- Antenna rules
- End-of-line rules
- User specified DRC area
- Compatibility with existing rule decks
- Easy error navigation and correction
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Access to the software license keys are limited to faculty, their graduate students and research staff.
- Any NDN university Professor Research subscriber is authorized to access this product.
- Use of this design tool is subject to the software licensor’s usage terms and conditions set out in their End User License Agreement which can be found here
Contact our Licensing Administrator at 613-530-4787 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit