CAD: Mentor Graphics Tools
Minimum Subscription Required:
The Canadian Academic Mentor Graphics Higher Education Program offering for National Design Network researchers includes:
- IC Nanometer Design—An environment for the design, capture, layout, and verification of analog, digital, and mixed-signal integrated circuits including: ADiT, Eldo/Eldo RF, Questa ADMS/SIM/Verification, Pyxis, and Calibre Design and Manufacturing modules
- Design, Verification and Test—A solution for HDL design verification, synthesis and test of ASICs and FPGAs including: FormalPro, Vista/Vista Elite, ReqTracer, ModelSim, Precision FPGA Synthesis, LeonardoSpectrum, Tessent, and Volcano VSTAR
- PCB PADS and HyperLynx Bundle —Includes modules for schematic capture; printed circuit board (PCB) layout; part library management; land pattern creation; and incorporates other features from the HyperLynx CAD suite:
- Signal Integrity (SI)—For determining signal degradation on traces due to noise coupling, impedance mismatch, signal ringing, etc.
- Power Integrity (PI)—For analysing voltage drops, decoupling, power plane noise issues and estimating board temperatures
- Thermal—Investigating hot spots and heat transfer on and through printed circuit boards
- Advanced Solvers—Provide users with full-package SPICE models, signal/power integrity simulations and electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise estimates, with a full-wave HPC option. Direct translation of existing design layouts in popular formats (Cadence MCM/BRD/SIP, DXF, GDSII, etc.)
- DRC—Running electrical design checks on a PCB design.
- softMEMS—a flexible, powerful, and easy-to-use CAD tool suite for the design and analysis of micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS).
- Tanner Suite—The Tanner Suite is now included in the Mentor Graphics HEP. Tanner offers products for the design, layout, and verification of analog, mixed signal, and MEMS designs. It consists of fully-integrated front-end and back-end tools, from schematic capture, circuit simulation, and waveform probing to physical layout and simulation. For more details, see the full product description.
What You Get
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access Mentor Graphics HEP software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, to access a shared license pool.
- Access for one year
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Licenses may be used for academic research and teaching only.
- Licenses may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Access to the software license keys is limited to faculty, their graduate students, PDFs, and research staff.
- Any NDN university Professor Research subscriber is authorized to access this product.
Contact our Licensing Administrator at 613-530-4787 or email@example.com for more information.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit