Application Note: Using Synopsys Sentaurus to Simulate a P-N Junction
This application note describes the use of the Sentaurus software by presenting a simple and practical application: modeling and simulating a Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) p-n junction.
Minimum Subscription Required:
- From the Department of Physics, University of Ottawa:
- Alexander Walker, PhD candidate, and
- Olivier Thériault, PhD candidate;
- From the School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE), University of Ottawa:
- Jeffrey F Wheeldon, Post-doctoral Fellow,
- Gilbert Arbez, MScEE, Eng., and
- Karin Hinzer, Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair in Photonic Nanostructures and Integrated Devices;
in co-operation with CMC Microsystems.
This application note is not an in-depth user guide to the software. Instead, it is a simple tutorial for understanding how the software models and simulates a semiconductor device and how to launch and run the software. After reviewing this application note, you need to consult the user guides for each tool within the Sentaurus framework for more details.
Items available for download include:
- applicaiton note, and
All CMC Microsystem account holders with a Prototyping or Designer Subscription are authorized to access this application note. For more information contact Linda Dougherty at email@example.com or 613-530-4787.
|Introduction Date:||December 7, 2010|
|Last Updated:||April 11, 2018|
|Support Level:||Information Only|
|Delivery Method:||CMC Download|
|Client Access:||CMC Download|