CAD: COMSOL - Heat Transfer Module
Minimum Subscription Required:
The Heat Transfer Module has modeling interfaces that are specifically written for the user interested in free and forced convection, process design, phase change modeling, radioactive heat transfer and semi-transparent participating media, as well as couplings between all of these effects. Specialized formulations are included for users who are interested in heating living tissue. With boundary conditions for describing connective and radioactive effects, contact resistance as well as thin highly-conductive shells, you can simulate anything from a simple "back of envelope" model to a full model with all effects explicitly described.
Because all material properties are functions of temperature, you can conceivably couple a thermal model to any other physical model, while COMSOL also allows you to include heat generation from any other physics into a thermal model.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access COMSOL software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, up to the limits of the available licenses in the shared pool.
- Access for one year
- Acceptance of the vendor licenses terms www.comsol.com/sla, including the Academic Addendum, on first use.
For more information, contact the Licensing Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit