CAD: COMSOL - Structural Mechanics Module
Minimum Subscription Required:
The Structural Mechanics Module is dedicated to the analysis of components and subsystems where it is necessary to evaluate deformations under loads. It also contains special physics interfaces for the modeling of shells, beams and trusses.
Physics interfaces in this module solve stationary and dynamic models, including nonlinear problems and let you perform Eigen frequency (i.e. model) parametric, quasi-static and frequency-response analyses. 3D solid as well as 2D plane stress, plane strain and axisymmetric analyses allow the specification of elasto-plastic and hyper-elastic material laws, large deformations, contact piezoelectric analysis and thermo-elasticity.
The Structural Mechanics Module works in tandem with COMSOL Multiphysics and the other discipline-specific modules to couple structural analysis into any multiphysics phenonmenon.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access COMSOL software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, up to the limits of the available licenses in the shared pool.
- Access for one year
- Acceptance of the vendor licenses terms www.comsol.com/sla, including the Academic Addendum, on first use.
For more information, contact the Licensing Administrator at email@example.com or call 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit