CAD: COMSOL - CFD Module
Minimum Subscription Required:
The Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Module is the premier tool in the COMSOL product suite for sophisticated fluid flow simulations. Compressible as well as incompressible flows can be combined with advanced turbulence models and forced natural convection. An important characteristic of the CFD Module is its capability of precise multiphysics-flow simulations such as conjugate heat transfer with non-isothermal flow, fluid-structure interactions, non-Newtonian flow with viscous heating, and fluids with concentration-dependent viscosity. Porous-media flow user interfaces allow for isotropic or anisotropic media, as well as automatically combined free flow and porous domains. Tools for modeling of stirred vessels with rotating parts are available for both 2D and 3D flows.
The Module's interfaces for homogeneous two-phase flow include a mixture model for fine particle suspensions and a bubbly flow model for macroscopic gas bubble flow. For interface tracking two-phase flow, formulations are provided using the level-set and phase -field methods.
The tools available in the CFD Module for advanced transport and reacting flow simulations are automatically extended when combined with the Chemical Reaction Engineering Module. For fluid-Structure interactions, the Structural Mechanics Module interacts with the CFD Module's flow models and makes available elastic solid-fluid couplings as well as lubricating flow and elstohydrodynamics.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access COMSOL software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, up to the limits of the available licenses in the shared pool.
- Access for one year
- Acceptance of the vendor licenses terms www.comsol.com/sla, including the Academic Addendum, on first use.
For more information, contact the Licensing Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-530-4787
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit