CAD: COMSOL - CAD Import Module
Minimum Subscription Required:
From COMSOL website:
"Collaboration within design teams is made easy with the CAD interoperability tools for COMSOL. The CAD Import Module brings in all major CAD formats directly into the COMSOL Desktop where you can simulate your design accurately, using a real-world multiphysics model.
The CAD Import Module includes the Parasolid geometry kernel which enables powerful repair and defeaturing tools. The interactive repair feature assures that imported geometries are mathematically correct for simulation. And, in order to cut down on unnecessary details in your CAD geometries, defeaturing tools that remove fillets, small faces, sliver faces, as well as spikes or short edges are included."
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access COMSOL software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, up to the limits of the available licenses in the shared pool.
- Access for one year
- Acceptance of the vendor licenses terms www.comsol.com/sla, including the Academic Addendum, on first use.
For more information, contact the Licensing Administrator at email@example.com or call 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit