FIMMWAVE is a software tool from Photon Design which includes waveguide mode solvers, advanced finite-difference and finite-element solvers, and fibre solvers. It is a generic, fully vectorial mode finder with applicability to a wide range of materials and waveguide geometries. The software includes FIMMPROP, a rigorous tool for solving bidirectional 3D optical propagation of lightwaves.
Example applications include:
- low-index polymer waveguides, high-index SOI, and GaAs/AlGaAs waveguides
- buried, etched (rib, ridge), and diffused geometries commonly used in opto-electronics
- single-mode and multi-mode optical fibers, as well as photonic crystal fibers
- slot waveguides, slanted-wall, and graded structures
- plasmonic and microwave waveguides.
FIMMWAVE combines methods based on semi-analytic techniques (offering efficient problem solving for systems featuring strong variations in refractive index, thin layers, etc.) with numerical methods such as finite elements (FEM) or finite differences (FDM), providing robust solutions to arbitrary problems. Bundled with standard FIMMWAVE and FIMMPROP, we offer the KALISTOS design optimization tool.
More information about FIMMWAVE is available at: http://www.photond.com/products/fimmwave.htm.
Note: Your software download includes all of the Photon Design manuals, as well as tutorials and example calculations to help you get started. These are installed directly in the Program Files directory on your computer.
What You Get
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access FIMMWAVE Design tool software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, to access a shared license pool.
- Access for one year