CAD: ZEMAX OpticStudio Professional Optical Design Tool
Minimum Subscription Required:
ZEMAX’s OpticStudio Professional CAD software offers a set of tools for optical lens system designs; choosing lens type and material; import and export capability for porting designs into 3D models for manufacture; and a superior Knowledgebase available at no charge from the supplier. OpticStudio is a program that can build, analyze, and refine designs of optical and illumination systems. Its interface is easy to use, and with a little practice it allows for rapid design evolution. Most features are chosen by selecting them from tabs or dialog boxes. Importing and exporting 2D/3D models is straightforward. Many commercial lens and material libraries are included with the download.
More information about ZEMAX software is available at:
What You Get
- Faculty: receive a pass that allows you, your students, and research staff to access this tool.
- One pass allows only one user at a time, to access a shared license pool.
- Upgrades and support during the active subscription period.
Zemax's OpticStudio Quickstart Guide
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Use of this design tool is subject to the software licensor's usage terms and conditions set out in their End User License Agreement which can be found here https://www.zemax.com/license-agreements
- Access is restricted to subscribers within the geographical boundaries of Canada.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Access to the software license keys is limited to clients, graduate students, and research staff.
For more information, contact our Licensing Administrator at 613-530-4787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit