CAD: COMSOL - Fatigue Module
Minimum Subscription Required:
Fatigue Analysis for Many Different Structures and Applications
When structures are subjected to repeated loading and unloading due to material fatigue, they can fail at loads below the static limit. A virtual fatigue analysis can be performed in the COMSOL Multiphysics environment with the Fatigue Module, an add-on to the Structural Mechanics Module. With the stress-based and the strain-based critical plane methods, you can evaluate the high-cycle and low-cycle fatigue regime. When dealing with variable loads, the accumulated damage can be calculated from the load history and the fatigue limit. The fatigue load cycle can be simulated in solid bodies, plates, shells, multibodies, applications involving thermal stress and deformation, and even on piezoelectric devices.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- Use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access COMSOL software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, up to the limits of the available licenses in the shared pool.
- Access for one year
- Acceptance of the vendor licenses terms www.comsol.com/sla, including the Academic Addendum, on first use.
For more information, contact the Licensing Administrator at email@example.com or call 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit