Design Kit: Electronic Sensor Platform (ESP)
Minimum Subscription Required:
Price with Subscription
The Electronic Sensors Platform consists of silicon junction field effect transistors that are fabricated at 3IT.Nano and delivered with an open upper gate for integration of solution-processed functional materials. The platform is useful for the study and optimization of novel hybrid material systems in silicon and the realization of high-performance CMOS-compatible detectors.
- Micro-sized, high mobility (m > 1000 cm2/V) low-voltage silicon JFET
- Upper JFET gates open to ambient, ready for post-processing
- Optional test fixture with ports for optical and gas
- Cloud design environment (includes process design documents, layout template, reference design and simulation for IR light detector using quantum dots)
- DRC and engineering support for OG Si-JFET design
The downloadable includes:
- ESP PDK
- User Guide: Electronic Sensor Platform: Open-Gate Silicon JFET for Integration of Microelectronics with Soft Materials
This document describes a platform technology that uses open-gate silicon junction field effect transistors (OG Si-JFET or simply, Si-JFET) to enable on-chip integration of functional soft materials with microelectronics. The transistors are fabricated without the top gate electrode, such that a transducing soft material can be applied in the place of the gate during post processing. A transducing layer that generates a voltage at its interface with the Si-JFET can be used to control its junction electrostatics. In particular, depending on the response of the soft material to the signal of interest, the conductivity of the silicon channel will in turn be modulated in by the signal.
- Application Note: CMC Reference Design IJFICREF
This application note describes the design intent, layout and test results for CMC’s reference design, IJFICREF. It is a 5 mm x 5 mm demonstration chip.
- Application Note: Silicon:Colloidal Quantum Dots JFET for Ultrasensitive Light Detection
This application note describes the design, fabrication and integration of Colloidal Quantum Dots with Silicon Junction Field Effect Transistor (CQDs:Si-JFET) for infrared (IR) photodetection.
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
Use of design materials is subject to the usage terms and conditions set out in the License Grant.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit