Design Kit: Interposer Platform PDK for 2.5D Integration
Minimum Subscription Required:
Price with Subscription
Cost-effective, fast-turnaround manufacturing platform for 2.5D integration of heterogeneous chip technologies in a compact form factor. Supported by a comprehensive environment for design, manufacturing, and test of physical prototypes. Amenable to laboratory testability and field-trial demonstration. Developed in partnership with Innotime Technologies Inc.
- 400-μm thick silicon substrate with array of silver-filled Through Silicon Vias (TSVs) connecting top and bottom metal layers
- 3 customizable metal redistribution layers (RDLs) to route electrical signals between flip-chipped or wire-bonded die as well as off-the-shelf components such as SMT, SOIC or CSP
- Bottom metal layer can be used for routing or for mounting a standard ball grid contact array (BGA).
- Tanner L-Edit/S-Edit tools for design entry
- PDK supports standard design components and primitives, design and verification tasks (e.g., auto-routing, LVS and DRC) and output file formats such as GSDII for hand-off to manufacturing.
- Library of design footprints for adding off-the-shelf components
- Designers can quickly and easily place custom and/or off-the- shelf components on the interposer TSV array and customize the routing of electronics signals between the components and through to the back side BGA layer.
Test and Validation Infrastructure
- Prototypes can be mounted on breakout boards or ZIF sockets for interfacing to test equipment or hardware such as FPGA boards for device and system test, characterization and application development.
- Test and programmable hardware available through CMC Equipment Pool for short-term access.
- A test chip and test report demonstrates key parameters and operating constraints for this technology.
- PDK V2.1
- User Guide
- Reference designs and training materials
- Tanner L-Edit/S-Edit design tools
- Engineering support
- Interposer Manufacturing Service
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
All CMC Microsystem account holders with a Professor Research Subscription are authorized to access this technology. Contact our Licensing Administrator at email@example.com or 613-530-4787 for more information.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit