3.11 Mixer Test References
Below is a list of useful references pertaining to testing mixers:
- BCTM Short Course, Design, Measurements, and Modeling for RF and Microwave Integrated Circuits, 1996.
- Hewlett-Packard Company, "Measurement Challenges of Frequency-Translating Devices" RF and Microwave Device Test for the '90s Seminar Papers (HP Publication Number 5963-5191E)
- Hewlett-Packard Company, "Microwave Component Measurements - Amplitude & phase measurements of frequency translation devices using the HP 8510B network analyzer, Product Note 8510-7 (HP Publication Number 5954-8379, September 1987)
- Hewlett-Packard Company, Mixer Measurements using the HP 8753 Network Analyzer, Product Note 8753-2A (HP Publication Number 5952-2771, August 1990).
- Hewlett-Packard Company, Mixer Measurements using the HP 8753C Network Analyzer, and HP 8625A Synthesized RF Sweeper. Product Note 8753-5 (HP Publication Number 5091-1100E, September 1991).
- Hewlett-Packard Company, Improving Network Analyzer Measurements of Frequency-Translating Devices (HP Application Note 1287-7)
- MiniCircuits, RF/IF Designer's Handbook
- L.P. Dunleavy, T. Weller, E.W. Grimes, and J. Culver, "Use Network and Spectrum Analysis for Mixer Measurements - Mixer Testing Part 1", Microwaves & RF, May 1997 pp. 143-150.
- L.P. Dunleavy, T. Weller, E.W. Grimes, and J. Culver, "Use Network and Spectrum Analysis for Mixer Measurements - Mixer Testing Part 2" Microwaves & RF, June 1997 pp. 71-78.
- Making Mixer Measurements, HP 8753D Network Analyzer User's Guide
- Hewlett-Packard Company, Fundamentals of RF and Microwave Noise Figure Measurements (HP Application Note 57-1)
- Application Note - "A Versatile Test Bench for Wireless RF/Microwave Component Characterizations", Microwave Journal, May 1998 p. 304
- Kellie Chong, "Understand Noise-Figure Measurements" Microwaves & RF, February 1994 pp. 91-96.
- L. P. Dunleavy, T. Weller, E.W. Grimes, and J. Culver, "Use Network And Spectrum Analysis For Mixer Measurements", Microwaves & RF, June 1997
Web site References:
Back to Test Guide Table of Contents
- The HP application notes can be obtained from Hewlett-Packard http://www.hp.com
- For discussion forums and application notes visit RF Globalnet http://www.rfglobalnet.com