The MIP Microfluidics variant bridges the gap between algorithmic/analysis and stimulus, and measurement of microfluidics bio-sensors and detectors. It presents a modular, desktop environment for microfluidics and electronics device integration and validation in a system context.
The MIP Microfluidics variant has a PXIe-based control system, which includes a system-level design environment, data acquisition, FPGA-based imaging system, FPGA based signal/control processing and signal conditioning, as well as Microfluidics fixtures or interface boards for Microfluidics device characterization and measurement.
Key Platform Benefits
- Accelerates research by providing a feature-rich platform for integration and validating of microfluidics-based microsystems.
- Addresses specific research needs through a graphics-based programmable environment and microfluidics bio-sensor and actuator interfaces boards.
- Enables a faster path to commercialization by sourcing commercial-grade components and through compliance with commercial standards and interfaces (e.g., PXI and PXIe).
Suitable research filed for this variant includes microfluidics applications such as bio-particle tracking and real-time bio-cell analysis etc. A research example of using it is shown below:
Research Example of MIP Microfluidics Variant
- PXI-express base, which includes:
- System controller
- PXIe expansion card slots, including high-end FPGA-based DAQ, high-resolution digitizer, arbitrary waveform generator, digital multimeter, and high-accuracy power measurement unit
- Program environment: LabVIEW, C/C++
NI PXI Express Chassis
- High-voltage amplifier and various of high-voltage fixtures, as well as interface boards and test chips
- Flow pumps, pressure sensor, and flow meters
FPGA-based imaging system including color camera, microscopic lens system, motorized zoom, illuminator, FPGA video adapter, microscope stand, camera cables, FPGA camera interface software, FPGA image processing library, zoom and lighting interface device, and zoom and lighting control software.
User community forum
- Technical documents:
- User Guides:
- Application Notes: